YPPAE Running: Backstage | 运行吧，后台! is an on-the-job backstage training experience that endeavours to groom individuals to become versatile and competent in the backstage by providing them a nurturing and rigorous environment.
Beyond equipping them with relevant technical and interpersonal skills, we hope to grow a pool of empowered and independent individuals who will potentially serve the greater Singapore arts industry.
Do you meet the following qualifications?
- Ability to communicate in Mandarin
- Enthusiastic and passionate about working with children / the young
- Exhibit a strong drive to work in backstage
- Is over 18 years old
- Is willing to work flexible hours and complete required paperwork
- Individuals who are able to commit till May 2021 is preferred
What to expect
- Undergo workshops and specialised training in backstage / stage management
- Work as YPPAE’s production team
- Better understand the diverse production and artistic requirements of a professional performing arts company
- Experience working with different industry professionals
The training will take place in 2 phases, which will present the team with a series of workshops and different YPPAE theatre productions to work and train in.
The first phase will be conducted from 2 Oct – 29 Nov 2020.
Application window: 7 – 30 Aug
Workshop dates: 2, 8, 9, 15, 16 Oct 2020, 7 – 10pm
Rehearsal dates: 18 Oct – 15 Nov 2020 (Monday and Sunday)
Show dates: 16 – 29 Nov 2020
*Please note that the dates are subjected to change.
The second phase will begin on Jan 2021 and end on May 2021.